Friday, December 27, 2013

One Pot Kielbasa Sausage Skillet Pasta



 So I came across this recipe on Facebook. Someone had posted it and said they had made it and they really liked it. And I LOVE when something is recommended instead of trying it first and hating it. SO I decided it looked super easy being a one pot recipe that I had to try it. I did change up some of the ingredients but I think mine is better of course ;} You could definitely customize it to you or your families likings as well. Next time I might get a little crazy and add mushrooms. Because I truly believe mushrooms make everything better lol I know that's strange to say, and I don't care ;]



This incredibly cheesy pasta dish easily comes together in less than 30 minutes in one skillet - even the pasta gets cooked right in the pan!


Ingredients
 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked Kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk 
  • 8 ounces penne pasta or any favorite pasta [uncooked]
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas



  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
  • Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, peas and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
  •  Turn off the heat and add 1/2 cup of cheese and stir until all melted and well blended top with remainder of the cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.or longer to thicken sauce. 
Even my month old daughter loved it 
 This was so good, my husband literally told me 6 times while eating it how much he loved it ;} 
This would be such an easy recipe, even for my non cookers out there ;}

Live, Laugh And Love,
Lana

1 comment: